Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Coming soon to NPA-TV: NORWOOD P.D. BLUE, a monthly public access television program about the Norwood Police Department. Planned features will include segments on the latest news, equipment, policy and law changes as the department meets the challenges of the future. One planned feature will be “Ask the Chief” where Chief William G. Brooks will answer a viewer’s question. For your question to be considered, please submit it via email at email@example.com with "Ask the Chief" in the subject line.
2. Tickets to the 3rd Annual Father Daughter Dance are on sale at the Civic Center. The dance is Saturday, Feb. 9 at 6:30 p.m., only $10 per couple. Dancing, light refreshments and a photo booth make this event a crowd favorite each year.
3. The Morrill Library will be holding its annual Fireside Reads book talk with librarians Margot Sullivan and Beth Goldman today at 10 a.m. and again at 7:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served, and no registration is necessary.
4. The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education invites Norwood parents to complete an online survey and share your feedback with your child's school. The survey should be completed for each child attending school. Click here to find out more information and to access the survey link. If you do not have access to a computer, computers will be available in each school and at the Morrill Memorial Library for your use.
5. Do you like to sing great music? If you enjoy performing in a large chorus, with instrumental accompaniment then come to an open rehearsal of the Dedham Choral Society. An open rehearsal will be held tonight, Jan. 16, at 7 p.m. at the Allin Congregational Church, 683 High Street, Dedham. For more info, visit www.dedhamchoral.org.