Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. "Norwood P.D. Blue" an NPA-TV production, made its debut Friday. Whether you subscribe to Comcast, Norwood Light, or Verizon, you'll find the show on your NPA-TV public access channel. The show will be offered again throughout the week.
2. Have an event or announcement to share with your neighbors? Post it on Norwood Patch! Click here to see how.
3. Tickets to the 3rd Annual Father Daughter Dance are on sale at the Civic. The dance will be Saturday, Feb. 9 at 6:30 p.m. Only $10 per couple. Dancing, light refreshments and photo booth make this event a crowd favorite each year!
4. On Friday, Feb. 8 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. the Morrill Library invites all library volunteers to the Second Annual Volunteer Appreciation Tea. Staff members and members of the Board of Library Trustees will make sweet treats and serve coffee and tea. All past and current Friends of the Library, Literacy, Outreach and other library volunteers are welcome. Cookbooks and the recipes for these desserts will be on display. If you are interested in volunteering at the library, there are a few opportunities available. Be sure to attend the tea.
5. The Norwood Recreation Department is looking for great staff members to work as lifeguards and Playcamp counselors this summer. Applications available at the front desk of the Civic.