Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Learn how to utilize Patch.com to market your business and events on Monday, Feb. 4 at a Patch 101 lunch held by the Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce. Patch employees will show you how to make the most of the ever-growing online world resulting in maximum exposure for your business. The event will be held from noon to 1 p.m., and easy registration is available here.
2. The five-part Morrill Library Fiction 2 Film Series continues with the film version of Oscar Wilde’s play, "An Ideal Husband" at 6:30 p.m. Please register for each of the films in this series at either the Reference or Information Desk or call 781-769-0200, x110 or 222. A brief discussion will begin or follow the screening of the film.
3. The Norwood Youth Soccer deadline to register for the Spring 2013 Intramural program U5 to U9 is Feb. 17. A $10 late fee becomes effective after this date. All players who register late will be placed on a wait list, and will not be guaranteed a spot on any roster. If you registered and need to complete payment, please be sure to do so prior to the deadline, or you will be wait listed. Please visit "www.norwoodsoccer.com" and click "Registration" for more information.
4. Play a "family feud" style survey based trivia game at Clyde's in Walpole every Monday at 7 p.m. Food, drinks, and awesome prizes (if you win).
5. Can you spare an hour once or twice a month to help out your neighbors in need? If so, the Norwood Food Pantry would like to talk to you. The pantry is looking for volunteers to deliver bags of groceries Saturday mornings between 9:30 and 10:30. These bags go to people with an illness or disability that prevents them from coming to the pantry to pick up the food themselves.