Five Things You Need To Know Today is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
1. Happy Halloween Norwood! The forecast for trick-or-treating tonight is mostly cloudy with a low around 45 degrees. Make sure your costume has an extra layer!
2. It doesn’t matter if you’re Lady Gaga or Lady Liberty for Halloween—if you have an awesome costume, showcase your creation in our Best Halloween Costume in America Contest. Enter our contest for a chance to win the $5,000 grand prize! Adults and children are eligible to enter. Parents can post costume photos of themselves and their families from this Halloween or from years past.
3. Nominations for the 2012 Ten Outstanding Norwood Youth awards are due today. The program is open to any 10-12 grade high school student who lives in Norwood. Nomination forms were sent to local schools as well as made available to the public at the Norwood Library and Civic Center. Any person over the age of 21 can nominate a student for the award. Nominations can be emailed to Norwood.TONY.Awards@gmail.com, or mailed to the address designated on the form.
4. Miss getting your fresh produce because the Farmer's Market was canceled yesterday? Hop over to Walpole Town Common from 2-6:30 p.m. today for the last day of their Farmer's Market.
5. Donate your gently used coats to the Norwood Rotary Coat Drive to benefit the Norwood Community Ecumenical Food Pantry. Donation locations are Town Hall, Public Safety Offices, Civic Center, Coakley Middle School, Norwood High School, Xaverian Brothers High School, Norwood Podiatry Offices, and the Senior Center.