Last month the Norwood Police Department released their stratgy for combating the distribution and abuse of Heroin and prescription painkillers in town.
Part of that strategy - a 13-page document outlining many different programs and tactics - is communicating with the community. The NPD offers a confidential tip line at 781-440-5181. You can also report information by email at email@example.com.
According to the Norwood Police Department Facebook page, these are helpful pieces of information to include in your tip:
- What type of criminal activity is occurring.
- Who is involved or a description of the person involved being as descriptive as possible with age, sex, height, weight, hair color, etc.
- Motor vehicle being used if there is one, plate number if it is possible to get the number safely.
- Times that this activity is taking place or has been observed.
- Anything that has been observed such as other people involved, other vehicles involved, etc.
This past week, two men were arrested on drug-related charges after a citizen called to report suspicious activity in the neighborhood.
With these options available, would you call the police if you saw something strange in your neighborhood? Are you hesitant to get involved for some reason? Tell us in the comments.