The Norwood Board of Selectmen will meet tonight at 7:00 p.m. in room 34 of Town Hall. Here are the highlights from issues on tonight's agenda:
- Gerald Miller, Superintendent of the Recreation Department will be submitting the monthly report of departmental activities.
- Mark Ryan, Superintendent of the Department of Public Works will be submitting the monthly report of departmental activities.
- At 7:30 p.m. there will be a Public Hearing regarding FY 2013 Mass. Community Development Fund Program joint application with the Town of Bridgewater.
- At 8 p.m. Peter Nagle and Dennis McCaffery of National Grid will meet with the Board regarding residents who wish to convert to gas in their homes and the cost of the process.
- Stephen M. Costello, Director of Community Planning and Economic Development will be submitting notice of major site plan/Special Permit meeting on Tues., Dec. 11 at 9 a.m. regarding Sunoco, 515 Providence Highway to raze and rebuild Sunoco station, and a site plan meeting on Lots 2 and 3, University Ave., for removing existing vegetative ground cover – meeting Dec. 12, at 9 a.m.
- Meghan Kelleher, Chairman of the Norwood Cultural Council will be submitting resume of John Joyce who is interested in being appointed to Cultural Council. Council can have 22 members and currently there are 6 members.
- Chief William G. Brooks III, Norwood Police Department will be submitting notice of retirement of Jeanne A. Hennessey after 30 years as a Traffic Supervisor/Matron at the Prescott School.