The Norwood Board of Selectmen will meet tonight at 7:00 p.m. in room 34 of Town Hall. Here are the highlights from issues on tonight's agenda:
- Chief William G. Brooks III, NPD, will be submitting a monthly report of the department’s activities.
- At 7:15 there will be a joint meeting with the Norwood Housing Authority about the appointment of a new member to the Housing Authority. The candidates are Madeline Eysie, Edmund Clark, John Hayes, Peter S. Wall, William E. Breen and Brendan Bradley.
- Norwood Rink Committee will be submitting letters from the Phillips Family, Steve and Kelly Grenham, Jack and Laura Tolman, Kim Greene, Linda and Peter Gugliotta and SIVA in support of the rink, and also submitting letter from Kathy Keady, Secretary Norwood Community Tennis Association regarding their concerns about the rink.
- Judith Howard will be submitting complaint regarding electronic sign at the High School. She was assured that the sign would be shut off at 8:30 p.m. and turned back on at 7 a.m. It has been two weeks and the sign is still on and reflects in her home. (Letter has been sent to Building Inspector Chubet). Response from Bldg. Inspector received – no violation under zoning.
- Lt. Anthony J. Greeley, Fire Prevention Bureau will be submitting information regarding Boch Construction Project at 111 Morse Street, CDS Corp. was hired to blast and has produced all documents for permits, Seismic Solutions has completed pre blast surveys; all certificates are in good standing with Fire Marshall. Blasting will commence after 8 a.m. and end before 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, no weekend or holiday and target starting date is September 10.
- The Board is scheduled to go into executive session at 8 p.m. to discuss the physical condition or mental health of an employee.